Absolute Best Thing About WAH

Home Forums Question of the Day Absolute Best Thing About WAH

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justine Justine 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

What is the absolute best thing about working at home?

Profile photo of Liz
    Liz
    Participant

In my little world, working from home has meant never having to put my daughter in daycare and, now that she’s school-age, it gives me the freedom to homeschool her. The freedom to be here for my family whenever they need something, or even if we just want to do something spontaneous together, is invaluable to me.

Profile photo of Serendipity
    Serendipity
    Participant

The best thing about working from home is that I am able to be at home with my child. I am able to be present when needed most. I also like that I can switch my schedule around to fit my family’s needs. I am also saving a lot more money since I do not need to commute or pay for child care!

Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

The best thing about working at home is the freedom to set up my schedule however it suits me best on any given week. I like being available for my family, and I like being able to take advantage of new opportunities that come by way because I can easily adjust my schedule. Oh, the second best thing about working at home is that you can work in your pajamas all day if you want to. 🙂

Profile photo of Liz
      Liz
      Participant

Susana, I agree the second best thing is working dressed in whatever you want to wear! I’ve saved so much money just by ditching the suits and I feel like I work better when I’m comfortable.

Profile photo of Francis
    Francis
    Participant

The best thing is that I can work at my own set time. I hate working under bosses with strict rules meaning I like working independently. I can set my working time to suit my schedules. That is, I have time to do something else or even travelling or going for a vacation. I keep all the profits after the long day’s work, without sharing it to anybody.

Profile photo of burrr
    burrr
    Participant

Before having my daughter, I would have said not having to work for someone else, now I say that it’s building work around her so I can spend more time with her. I’m not quite there yet; still on maternity leave but doing my utmost to ensure I don’t have to get a OOH job any time soon…!

Profile photo of Tara
    Tara
    Participant

The flexibility aspect is the best. I choose the hours, the pay, and the job. If I don’t like one I move on. I can find a job that fits into my life with work I like to do. If I need more money, I pick up another job. Family crisis and I need time off, I take it. There are so many different opportunities that I always have something working for me. It is hard work, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Profile photo of madhatting
    madhatting
    Participant

For me it is the flexibility. Life happens and it can happen during any hour of the day or night so being able to move my work around when I really have to get something else finished is key for me.

Profile photo of Ladybug
    Ladybug
    Participant

I’d probably go with flexibility as the best aspect of working from home, too. Although, I love not having to commute to work or deal with office politics, as well.

Profile photo of Justine
    Justine
    Participant

Flexibility of course is one of the best things about being able to work from home, but I also love the fact that I get to do a lot of extra things with my kids whenever I want to. It also has been really helpful for when they are sick because I don’t have to worry about not being able to be there for them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup