Any customer service phone reps here?

Home Forums Customer Service Any customer service phone reps here?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arcanaa Arcanaa 3 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

Do we have any customer service WAH phone representatives here? I know of quite a few places that are hiring for these types of jobs and I have recently started the training for two separate companies. I am really excited to get started with them! 🙂

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

How will you get jobs? Do they send you an introduction to the object or service you are selling as wel as a script? I don’t know that I could do this job if it is anything like the phone calls I get that are irritating. Where they don’t take no for an answer and they usually call at dinner time.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

That is where most of my experience is in 🙂 I did sales, customer service, and tech support. I loved it although the sales positions were high pressure so it was the annoying calls where you aren’t supposed to take no for an answer and upsale like crazy. Not the funnest but I did make some good money. Which companies are you going to be working for Penelope?

Penelope
    Participant

I have been accepted by Lionsbridge and Appen Butler Hill but I haven’t decided which one I am going to take yet. This will be my first work at home customer service job, but not my first job in customer service. 🙂

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

That’s great Penelope. You will have to let us know which one you decide on and how well it goes for you. I’d love to hear about your experience doing this type of job.

Profile photo of kidz25
    kidz25
    Participant

Congrats on getting two offers. Which will you choose? I have thought about trying this type of job. I love being on the phone. I am also very personable. How do I go about getting training?

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

You really need to have a good knack when it comes to sales, I never liked the idea of up-selling myself even though I understand why it is done, as a customer I hate being bothered by pesky sales people who only try to sell you everything under the sun.

Penelope
    Participant

I am having a hard time deciding to be honest because they both pay about the same. I am leaning more towards Appen because you can log in and out at will. Some of the Lionsbridge jobs require a set working schedule.

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

Well done Penelope. I work in sales on the phone. Sales and customer retention. I like this work and am, so not shy, on the phone.

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

There are some people who are truly amazing when it comes to customer service and others who think that sales are the same. Let me just say they are not, for the most part it takes a certain knack to do sales (to put it mildly). And companies that really push for the sale, up to getting the customer upset on the phone is not my cup of tea. I would not recommend anyone working for a place that is okay with cold calling and frustrating a customer just to get a sale.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup