Calligraphy jobs

Home Forums Freelance Calligraphy jobs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justine 2 years ago.

• Author

Justine
    Participant

I’ve been doing calligraphy in my spare time for a number of years now and I have done a few invitations for friends and family. People have told me that I should start looking for places that hire calligraphers from home. Does anyone know of any places that need calligraphers? I’m not really sure where to go to get started.

Gennie
    Participant

I’ve never heard of online calligraphy jobs. That would be an interesting job to do. I love some of the flowery writing I’ve seen on invitations. Is it easy to become good at it?

Justine
    Participant

It is a lot of fun Gennie. If you have a lot of patience and are really good at painting then it’s pretty easy to become good at it. There are a lot of books out there, which is what I used to get started. I think the most difficult challenge is getting use to the pressure you have to put on the nib to get the flow of the ink just right. Another challenge for me is that I am left-handed so I have to be careful not to smudge the ink as I am writing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup