Charging for Your Time

Home Forums Crafts Charging for Your Time

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tabitha D Tabitha D 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Spring
    Spring
    Participant

How much do crafters tend to charge for their time? I’ve read that they often don’t charge much due to high material costs, but that doesn’t seem viable long-term.

Profile photo of Ellie
    Ellie
    Participant

I’m having a problem with this as well. It can get really expensive sometimes purchasing materials and therefore, most artists don’t include the right amount for the time spent on the piece. I think that it all depends on how well you are established. Maybe charge less, at first, to get your name out there and then start charging more once people know your work.

Profile photo of Tabitha D
    Tabitha D
    Participant

When it comes to crafting, it all depends on what you’re doing. Crocheted items can be very difficult to make a decent amount for your time. I crochet and I will tell you that I cannot get anything approaching what my time is worth when selling thread centerpieces or larger projects.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /home/dj02132011/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/vendor/browscap/browscap-php/src/phpbrowscap/Browscap.php on line 769