Craigslist

Home Forums General WAH Questions Craigslist

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrea Andrea 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Spring
    Spring
    Participant

Do you ever accept work at home jobs from Craigslist? I know some people who do but I think it would be very easy to get scammed if you go that route.

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

I have thought about selling things on Craigslist, and I have looked at the jobs list, but I’ve never actually followed through on either one. I have heard so many scary stories, and scam stories about this site, that I am skeptical about it. I know there are lots of legitimate jobs there, but I would suggest a lot of caution.

Profile photo of Spring
    Spring
    Participant

Well that’s just it. I don’t know how you would verify anything on Craigslist and it would be awful to do the work and then not get paid. Worse, I hear more and more news stories of people who are lured into physical attacks via Craigslist.

Profile photo of wahmama
    wahmama
    Participant

I’ve been looking at gigs on Craigslist but so far I haven’t followed up on anything. I’m very hesitant because most ads don’t list any external information. A few provide links and I’m considering those, but the rest that say things like, “Email me some sample work,” and only provide anonymous emails, I usually skip over.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

I’d be very skeptical as well, about giving any of my information to an ad on Craigslist. Since you are only given a generic Craigslist email how do you research the company to see if they are legitimate? I’ve heard the same thing about people being attacked, Spring. It’s scary.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Mellisant Mellisant.
    Profile photo of Gennie
    Gennie
    Participant

Craigslist scares me. I’m always worried that I might be buying from or selling to some crazy person. No one checks out the buyers and sellers on whether they are legit or not. That means no one is checking out the job posters to see if they are above board.

Profile photo of Lorelei
    Lorelei
    Participant

I was actually wondering the same thing. I always see gigs on Craigslist, but I have never really ventured to reply to anyone. There must be some legit ones, but I’m sure there are plenty of scams too.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I have actually found more than a few jobs on Craisglist. At first, I was skeptical, but when I followed up, the people actually reply to you and they do pay. The key is to ask for a deposit to secure yourself.

Profile photo of Andrea
      Andrea
      Participant

Really? So far I have only heard negative things about CL. But now that you said this, I might actually give it a try. We never know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup