Data Entry-Hard to Find

Home Forums Data Entry Data Entry-Hard to Find

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gennie Gennie 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Laina
    Laina
    Participant

Why is it so hard to find any legit data entry jobs online? You would think companies would use online more to hire for these positions? I guess I do see a lot of data entry jobs on oDesk but the pay is pretty ridiculous. I just always wonder why you don’t see more data entry jobs online. Anybody have any thoughts?

Profile photo of Sanoa
    Sanoa
    Participant

I know what you mean. I don’t know why data entry is so hard to find either. I guess the pay is ridiculously low because so many people are willing to do data entry. I love data entry but don’t really do many jobs with it because it’s not worth my time for the pay.

Profile photo of Liz
    Liz
    Participant

I think data entry is a job that most people find easy to do and would like to have, so they get away with paying next to nothing since there are so many people interested in it. I really wish oDesk would begin to encourage more reasonable wages.

Profile photo of Mellisant
      Mellisant
      Participant

I don’t think oDesk ever will pay more. Think about how much they make off the top and it pretty much guarantees they will keep giving to the cheaper bidders. I personally think it’s a waste of time.

Profile photo of Shylambert
    Shylambert
    Participant

I never been successful in data entry job yet. Their pay is way too low so I always get demotivated. Hopefully, I could find a good data entry job in the future.

Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

I’ve been looking at this as well and I have had the hardest time finding a data entry job that is worth my time. I’ve noticed this with a lot of work at home jobs, the pay is always lower for some reason. It does make it really hard to stay motivated when you spend so much time working on a project and get next to nothing for pay. I wish that more companies would consider hiring people who work from home. I think it would be a good business decision on their part.

Profile photo of Francis
    Francis
    Participant

I sometime back tried data entry but I could not catch up with the speed. My slow typing speed made me to be disqualified. The cash offered was also very little as per the work one is expected to do. That was Megatypers and I have never again tried any other site.

Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

I think a well paying data entry job is WAH holy grail. I would love to find a data entry job that actually pays well, but I’ll probably find a unicorn first. I guess that type of job is so easy and really doesn’t require much skill. Companies don’t want to offer good compensation for it.

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

I’ve looked at this too; even took some speed typing tests, but it’s just so mind numbing. It has to be the most boring thing in the world, and the pay sure isn’t worth the effort. There has to be something better.

Profile photo of Gennie
    Gennie
    Participant

Some of the data entry sites accept people from all over and a lot of them have scammers working for them. I signed up for one of these sites and found that when a lot of work is posted it disappears in less than 20 minutes. It’s really not worth the pay. It’s a little discouraging.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup