Do you have a set schedule?

Home Forums General WAH Questions Do you have a set schedule?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Penelope Penelope 3 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

One of the perks of working from home is that you don’t have to follow a schedule, but I find that I am more productive if I dedicate specific blocks of time to my WAH jobs. I recently purchased a very simple planner so that I can keep track of my various jobs and deadlines. It is not necessarily a very strict schedule, but it helps me keep track of what I need to get done.

Do you work on a schedule or randomly throughout the day?

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

I think that this is a great idea. Simple as simple, but yet I think so easily overlooked. I think allowing flexibility is a great idea too.

Profile photo of WAHWarrior
      WAHWarrior
      Participant

Sounds sensible. Do you manage to get everything else done on that one day?

I do typically get a lot done on that one day I set aside. I run errands and make phone calls, and do fun things I’ve promised the children we would do. It is always a packed day, but sometimes I get more done on that day than I do on several days when I am working a more typical schedule.

Profile photo of WAHWarrior
    WAHWarrior
    Participant

I am not great with a strict schedule, which is one of the reasons I love working at home. But, over the years, I’ve found that certain times of day are more productive for me. So I try to work the rest of my day around those time periods. On weeks when I have a heavy work load, I try to clear my schedule of other obligations. But I also keep one day aside to break up the week and get other things done.

George McFly
    Participant

Sounds sensible. Do you manage to get everything else done on that one day?

Profile photo of mommy2b115
    mommy2b115
    Participant

I set a day-by-day schedule so that I know what I need to get done on which days, but otherwise I don’t work from X time to Y time. I actually deal with insomnia so I don’t always lay down or wake up at the same time; that makes it hard to schedule anything else.

George McFly
    Participant

I have made a list of places I want to join and start working on.

Profile photo of Centra
    Centra
    Participant

I don’t stick to a strict schedule, but most days I log into work when I get up. I usually work until between 2:00PM and 4:00PM, although it’s happened that I’ve been assigned a very long file to transcribe at 4:00 and then I end up working all night.

Profile photo of Sasha
    Sasha
    Participant

I don’t have a strict schedule but that is something that we are working on. Now that one of my kids is “officially” being home-schooled we have to find a way to get more done each day. I think the kids may behave better with a set schedule though.

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

I don’t have a strict schedule either, but it is something that I am working for. I don’t need the schedule to be strict but I do need to find a way to block out specific blocks of time for work, home schooling, and chores.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup