Do you use Fiverr?

Home Forums General WAH Questions Do you use Fiverr?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lilly Lilly 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

I have looked at Fiverr a time or two, but honestly, I don’t believe there is anything new in that world. I have racked my brain to come up with something I could offer, and there are always dozens more already offering it – with a lot better resume than mine. I’m curious to see if I’m the only one who thinks that.

Profile photo of Ladybug
    Ladybug
    Participant

There is not much you can offer on Fiverr that would be worth the money you get anyway, in my opinion. By the time the site and PayPal take their cut, an American ends up with something like $3.50 or $3.75.

Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

I’ve never heard of Fiverr. What is it exactly? From what Ladybug is saying it doesn’t sound like it is even worth spending any time on it. It’s so difficult to find places that pay decently and don’t take a percentage of what you make first.

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

Jasper15, Fiverr is a website where you offer your services (just about anything you can think of that is computer related) for $5. If a person wants a logo made, they can go to Fiverr and look over the people who are offering that service, and choose one. They get the logo, and pay that person $5. It’s more detailed that that, but you probably get the idea.

Profile photo of Spring
    Spring
    Participant

I never got into Fiverr. While I’ve certainly done my share of underpaid work, the competition at Fiverr seems awfully fierce for so little in return.

Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

I’ve never offered any gigs on Fiverr because I don’t think it is worth it after all the fees. However, I would definitely use it if I needed a book cover designed or a nice banner made. This site is definitely one I would use as a consumer, not as a worker.

Profile photo of Ladybug
    Ladybug
    Participant

I’ve used it as a consumer, Susana. I don’t recommend it for that, either. I tried ordering a number of different gigs to see how things were and wasn’t happy with any of them. You have to be careful that you’re not getting plagiarized content or stolen graphics as that happens a lot.

Profile photo of calicocat
    calicocat
    Participant

I used it one time to get a logo, and it was very amateurish. The person’s resume was very professional sounding, and he had a lot of good reviews. The logo he designed for me was worse than the one I had designed for myself. I’m not sure I would trust it again.

Profile photo of wahmama
    wahmama
    Participant

I don’t advertise services on Fiverr because I don’t like the $5 limit on gigs. I feel like it really limits your earning potential, especially after fees are taken out.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I use Fiverr all the time, but as a buyer mostly. I tried to sell my services there in the past, but it’s just not worth the effort for $5.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup