Favorite browser and why?

Home Forums Tech Questions Favorite browser and why?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gennie Gennie 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Marie
    Marie
    Participant

I loved Firefox for a long time but the constant updates (and then frequent crashes) and it being a memory hog got on my nerves. I switched to Chrome a few months ago and like it until recently. Now it seems to be not using Java properly, even when I made sure it was enabled.

What is a good browser now, that can handle multiple tabs and doesn’t slow down all the time?

Profile photo of Marian Swift
    Marian Swift
    Participant

I mostly use Waterfox, which is basically a 64-bit version of Firefox developed by some folks from Mozilla. And yes, hang-ups, freezes and updates are still frequent, but I’m totally hooked on that “Foxy” interface.

Since some sites, old and new, are designed for specific browsers, I also keep Chrome and IE on board.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

I usually switch between Firefox and Chrome depending on what sites I visit. Some will only work with Chrome while others seem to work best with Firefox. Yes I have problems with freezing and crashing with both systems. I rarely use IE anymore, since a lot of sites I visit don’t seem compatible with it.

Profile photo of Marian Swift
    Marian Swift
    Participant

At my old workplace, we used to call IE “Internet Exploder” because of its many security issues.

I understand that Microsoft has worked hard to improve security, but IE’s still my third choice; one used with reluctance, and only because some sites, typically older ones, still seem to prefer IE.

Profile photo of Gennie
    Gennie
    Participant

I’ve noticed a few sites still use IE but I’m on a MAC and they aren’t compatible. I use Firefox mainly but you’re right Marie, the constant updates and crashes are starting to get on my nerves! My husband swears by Google Chrome but I use it only occasionally.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup