Freelance bookkeeping business

Home Forums Freelance Freelance bookkeeping business

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ladybug Ladybug 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about starting my own online freelance bookkeeping business. I’ve been trying to get started but I’ve been having a problem finding clients online that are willing to share their information with me. How can I get clients interested in what I have to offer and how do I let them know that I am trustworthy?

Profile photo of Sanoa
    Sanoa
    Participant

I’ve considered doing this too, but first I’d have to get trained, which I’d probably do through my local community college. I’d start heavily advertising, online and by dropping off my business cards at local companies.

Profile photo of Serendipity
    Serendipity
    Participant

I would suggest trying to book clients that you know or who are in your community that you can meet with face to face. Once you have established yourself and your business through word-of-mouth and testimonials should you reach out to others in the online community. I think you have to build up your credibility and client base first.

Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

Thanks Serendipity, this is really good advice. I already have one client that is a friend. He has a small truck washing business and I help to keep track of his invoices and Accounts Payable. I would love to get a few more clients, but I just don’t know how to approach anyone else in the community. Do you know if there is some place that I can go to find people that are looking for this type of service?

Profile photo of Ladybug
    Ladybug
    Participant

That’s not really freelance – that’s starting your own business (and good for you!). With that type of business, you really do need to go local because it’s not just the digital aspects people need. In my area, most people have bookkeepers that go in to do their books periodically.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup