Have you had any jobs go wrong?

Home Forums Independent Contractors Have you had any jobs go wrong?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tessa Tessa 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

Have you ever worked a contract that turned out to be a nightmare, either from the client or the job itself? My husband has had several clients that turned into nightmares he just wanted to walk away from. Nothing made them happy or they wanted a lot more than they were willing to pay. One job took over six months to complete because the client couldn’t decide what he really wanted.

Profile photo of Gennie
    Gennie
    Participant

I think that is one of the downsides to working on your own and running a customer based business. Your trying to figure out what a client wants and needs. Sometimes clients just don’t know what they really want. It must be frustrating if you get that one person who can’t make up their mind.

Profile photo of Tessa
    Tessa
    Participant

Oh yes. I think we all run across this at some point because, by nature, our gigs have less reliability or consistency than a PT/FT job. It’s so important to make sure you are legally protected by your contract and, if possible, have a friend or connection in the legal world to be safe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup