How do you get noticed?

Home Forums Freelance How do you get noticed?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of George McFly George McFly 3 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of kidz25
    kidz25
    Participant

I really enjoy writing. I also like to webpage designs. I just don’t know how to get noticed. Where do you put examples of your work?

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I know many people who setup their own blog as an online portfolio. With WordPress you can find a bunch of free (and paid) themes to use that work well too. Honestly, compared to years ago, setting up a website now is pretty easy.

Profile photo of kidz25
    kidz25
    Participant

I need to set up a website then. How will I get people to come look at my work? You know, get my work out there so that they want me to design things for them?

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

A good thing to do is to sign up for a free blog or website and then post your portfolio and a resume or video resume. Then you link clients to the video to show them you know what your doing, you can post links to websites, screenshots, and samples of your writing. Check out the freelancing links in the types of wah jobs menu on my website for places to find clients, also post on craigslist. I actually found the company who designed my website on craigslist, best investment I’ve ever made, I love wahtips.com lol

Profile photo of DianaPrice
    DianaPrice
    Participant

Hi “Kidz25”! I just did an article about getting started as a freelance writer, so check this out and let me know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

Nice, I am checking it out now

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup