If you both WAH

Home Forums WAH Mom’s/Dads If you both WAH

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Laina Laina 3 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

Do we have any couples here where both parents are working at home? How do you a juggle a work life like that? A friend of mine is thinking about doing this since her husband already works from home but she is not sure how to start, more importantly, how they can both stay sane while working around one another.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

My sister’s husband is a web designer and he works mainly from home if he’s not meeting clients. She’s a stay at home mom and they have one son. She recently started doing gigs on Fiverr and her sales started picking up and she became very busy.

I am not sure how they’re doing it, but they seem to manage pretty well with the kid. They have a babysitter at the moment because their son is on summer break so it seems to work just fine.

Otherwise, when her son goes to school she has the whole day to do stuff and her husband has a home office, so they’re not really in each other’s face all the time.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

Each of you needs an office away from each other where you can concentrate on your work in peace. You would have to set rules so that you aren’t interrupting each other.

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

I don’t see where this would be a problem at all for my husband and I. He is a chef so the chances of him working at home are plenty slim, but when he was doing online coursework we were both home all of the time and we both managed to get our work done. We have been together for a very long time though and we used to work in construction together when we were younger.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

That’s great that you could both work together. My husband likes to run things by me and ask me questions a lot of the time, so I’m glad he’s not around me 24 hours a day. While I appreciate that he values my opinion on things I don’t think I’d get much work done.

Profile photo of kidz25
    kidz25
    Participant

We don’t both work at home. We would probably drive each other crazy. We did work together in an office for a few months. Boy was I glad when I got laid off. I just don’t think we were meant to be together 24/7.

Profile photo of Laina
    Laina
    Participant

Both my husband and I work at home. I don’t know if it is for everyone. One thing that I recommend is taking time for yourself weekly. We both have to make sure we spend some time apart from each other. Otherwise, if we are together all day everyday, we get really tired of seeing each other.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup