Is It Worth It To Spend Your Time On Surveys?

Home Forums General WAH Questions Is It Worth It To Spend Your Time On Surveys?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lorelei Lorelei 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I recently found a very good website for online surveys but I haven’t signed up with them yet. I was wondering; how long does it take to complete a survey on average? Is it worth the money or do you feel that you’re spending way too much time on it?

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

I have thought on this myself. I have seen a lot of reviews. For the most part, it really seems like pocket change. Good if you are ok having a shopping voucher prize after a month of relatively stress free work….but a month?

I have heard tht the pay to read email services are even worse. In fact I have heard the word “scam” attached to them.

I do not know from personal experience though. It may be people who are disgruntled or lazy and wanting to run down the industry.

Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

I am not a big fan of online survey sites because I think answering survey questions is very time consuming in relation to the compensation that you get. Most of the surveys are longer that 20 minutes, and I have even come across a few that take almost an hour.

Another issue I have with survey sites is that sometimes you get halfway through the survey only to find out that you don’t actually qualify for it. Basically, you waste all that time for nothing. Many times I don’t qualify for surveys. I guess I am not the right demographic. It would be nice if they told you from the start that you don’t qualify instead of making you answer half of the questions.

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

Ouch! That would really do me in

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

@susana, I didn’t know that you have to qualify to take a survey. I agree; why don’t they tell you from the start what the requirements are? Is it like that in all survey sites?

Profile photo of Susana
      Susana
      Participant

@lilly, it is that way for the majority of survey sites I have tried. That’s why I got frustrated with them and decided not to do them anymore except for Tellwut because that one is very easy. I get 5 or 10 points per survey and each survey takes less than a minute to complete. You get the points even if you answer “undecided” or “not applicable”. Some of the surveys are only one question.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I see. Well then I don’t think that it’s worth it if you only realize that you don’t qualify after you have spent some time on it. I will try the one you suggested. Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of Centra
    Centra
    Participant

The qualifying thing is the reason that I don’t bother with surveys anymore. It makes me feel like they’re a scam of sorts because you have to go through all these questions only to find out that you don’t qualify, but what about the questions you already answered? It would be great if it was legitimate, but I’ve never managed to make anything from surveys.

Profile photo of Laina
    Laina
    Participant

I don’t know how people can do these surveys. I have a friend who spends hours and hours a day doing surveys. I would much rather get a job not working at home than doing that! I find survey work to be pretty boring and tedious.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

Thank you all for your tips and replies. I guess surveys are not worth it at all. It is better to look for something else more exciting and less frustrating.

Profile photo of Mimi
    Mimi
    Participant

I have tried to do a few surveys, and agree with what the others have said. Another problem I have had involves doing the surveys on my phone. I did one that had a $10 cash value, but when I went to the website to collect, it didn’t even show that I had done the survey. Definitely not worth my time!

Profile photo of Serendipity
    Serendipity
    Participant

I am not a fan of surveys. I feel that it takes too long to complete a survey for minimal return. I have also had the experience of not qualifying for a lot of the surveys that I started. I just gave up after a few tries.

Profile photo of Marie
    Marie
    Participant

I started out doing surveys and enjoyed it for a long time. The key is to be persistent – the more you complete, the more money you’ll make. Most of the reputable companies only give out the higher-paying surveys and studies to those who’ve been around for a while and proven themselves. I’ve been paid $150 for a research panel that took a total of one hour. You can’t beat that with a stick!

Profile photo of madhatting
    madhatting
    Participant

I have tried a few survey sites before but nothing really worked out for me. I also tried to get into a rebate club type setup but after the first one, which did go pretty good it seemed like the deals you get in return for your time was not enough to be worth the time it actually took.

Profile photo of Marian Swift
    Marian Swift
    Participant

Tried it, only to learn that I’m a very, very poor match for most surveys. The field appears to be glutted with my fellow retirees, for one thing. My consumer habits don’t help, either, as I tend to be frugal-ish.

The time it took to find any survey that would take me, plus the fact that most of them bored me, and none of those I found paid very much, turned me off.

Other folks in different demographics, and with different habits, might fare much better.

Profile photo of Lorelei
    Lorelei
    Participant

I have been working with a good and well known survey site for almost a year now. I don’t qualify for all the surveys but I do a lot of them and the money is decent.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup