New Jobs Added

Home Forums WAH Job Alerts New Jobs Added

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of George McFly George McFly 3 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

A couple of new jobs have been added to the Types of Home Jobs menu! Cracked.com is listed in the writing section, they are hiring comedy writers so if you are funny and a good writer check them out. Also Buffer was added to Tech Support, most of those positions are for white hat “hackers” and engineers but if you are qualified definitely apply! More jobs are coming soon!

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

Cracked is one of the sites I tend to follow just to read some of the things they put out. I have never thought about being hired from them though, any change you know what they pay?

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

Most places won’t release pay rates until after you have already been hired. You can’t really blame them though if they don’t want all of their rules and rates released to the general public.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

Cracked.com pays between $50-150 per article. Cracked does require a lot of research and a proposal alone can take weeks to be approved. I am actually going to have a cracked article written about me (I’m not writing it). I’ve done 4 interviews so far (which is more than the average, usually 1-2 is required) and the writer has written a proposal every time with the editor coming back with questions and comments each time. I am getting paid $100 just for being interviewed for the article. Hope that helps!

Penelope is right though, a lot of places don’t disclose their pay rates. Although, enough research can usually point you into the general pay rate direction. A good website to check out is glassdoor.com and also work at home forums. I believe I mentioned in an article that people love to talk about legitimate and illegitimate work at home, I should have mentioned they also love talking about pay! If a job pays squat there will be something about it online and same with if they pay awesome!

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

From what I have seen that is a good price for article work but I have also read some of their stuff, it is not always easy to have the touch that some of their writers do. I have noticed most of the things they publish are well written so I can understand why it takes longer to get approved through them, in the end it is all about what the reader enjoys and if you can pull the work off.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

It’s great that we now have online forums and reviews to post when we think we are being underpaid for our hard work. It comes in handy to weed out legitimate from not so legitimate work. If you are doing the work it’s nice to be paid a amount for it.

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

One of the very first things I do when I am checking out a new company is to run their name through a search engine with the word scam behind it. That is a great way to get a pretty good idea about a company and their current or former employees.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

I recommend that a lot Penelope! It’s always a good idea to research, research, research. I even recommend that everyone research a company that I have linked. Doing your own research is always the best thing you can do, never take one persons word for it. I am capable of making mistakes or companies can change, although if you do see a company that you believe shouldn’t be listed on wahtips.com send me an email and I will look into it more.

Honestly, I’ve researched the same companies hundreds of times and there have been times when I decided to cross them off my legitimate list because of changes in owners or having money issues and not being able to pay employees anymore. You never know what can happen in a few months with a company.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

Added more jobs to Virtual Assistants and a 2 new pages for Freelancing and tutoring websites! Hover over Types of At Home Jobs and choose a category to see the websites that were added.

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

I will check these out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup