Non-Sales Jobs

Home Forums New to WAH Non-Sales Jobs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sunny18 sunny18 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Sanoa
    Sanoa
    Participant

Many of the work at home jobs I see are sales jobs, usually in a multi-level marketing scheme. I really am not a salesperson, so I’m trying to find work beyond that. What kind of work do you do and do you like it?

Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

I have been running into the same problem. There are a few different things that I want to do, but I haven’t found the market for them yet. I have an accounting degree so I would love to do something like that, but so far the only thing I have found is a bookkeeping gig for a sole proprietor. I also do a lot of painting so I really want to try and become a freelance artist. Hopefully soon I will be able to find where I belong!

Profile photo of Mimi
    Mimi
    Participant

Most of my money making attempts, so far, have been trying to sell on Ebay. I was pretty successful for awhile, but the fees and shipping have become such a big deal, that I don’t like to fool with that much any more. If I had a painting talent, or was crafty, I would definitely try Etsy.

Profile photo of Susana
    Susana
    Participant

I do mainly transcription work and I’ve done well with that. I’ve sold things on eBay as well, but summer is notoriously slow so I can’t rely too much on that as a solid source of income for the next couple of months. I would like to try article writing, but I have not found a site that could be a reliable source of income.

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

I have tried writing too, but so far I’m not doing well at all. Most of the sites want you to be a content writer with lots of SEO keywords, and I just don’t know how to do that. If anyone knows of a good site, I would love to hear about it.

Profile photo of Amanda
      Amanda
      Keymaster

@sunny18 If you are interested in learning about SEO check out this beginners guide https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo It’s extremely helpful!

The cool thing is anyone can learn how to write quality SEO articles, you don’t need to take a class or become certified and just learning a little bit will go a long way with freelance writing jobs.

I personally do a little bit of everything, sales, customer service, tech support, writing, live chat, transcription, computer lessons, computer repair, and obviously running this website. I like to have at least 1 main job that I do full time and can live off of and about a dozen other things that I can earn from and keep things fresh if I need a change of pace.

Look around the site here and you may find some great alternatives to sales 🙂

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

Thank you, Amanda! I will definitely look at the guide you suggested. I have been thinking about trying to blog some, and I know that would help me a lot.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup