Painting

Home Forums Crafts Painting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mellisant Mellisant 2 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I am not super crafty but I do enjoy painting and it is also something I can do with the kids. I only work with acrylics right now but that does not phase them at all, I think they love the mess and the creating part of it. Getting canvas for a good price means I can stock up too.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

I actually just started a new website that I do on the side where I sell paintings for painters. I’m like the in between person, I process the orders (phones, email, and online) and they package up and sell the paintings. It’s been working out pretty well, the one painter sells his paintings between $350-$3,500. You can make a good living painting if you know what your doing.

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

A cousin of mine does something similar but instead of using any direct websites she will have her art hanging up in different places through our town, from high end restaurants to a few a galleries and even some small business places. Most of the work I do I keep for myself, recently I painted something for my son (which hangs above his bed now), the next one I plan to finish is for my husband and then I am starting one for my office.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

I wish I was more crafty, I have so many projects I would love to do and paintings that I would love to have but I’m just terrible at it lol I have a lot of respect and admiration for anyone who can make art that doesn’t look like a 2 yr old did it haha.

Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

I’ve found a number of side jobs painting things for others. Furniture, figurines, bookcases, wall murals…you’d be surprised by how many people need someone who can simply wield a brush.

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I just started a project on Friday and I have four large canvas panels that I setup. I am working on a piece that is going to hang over our bed once it is complete, something that adds a little bit of me and a little bit of my spouse since it is a room that we share together.

Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

I love to paint and it is something that I have been doing for many years now. In fact I just did a sketch of carnations that I am going to start painting later. I usually paint in oils or acrylics, but lately I have been trying to get a feel for watercolors. They are really different from other mediums and I really need to learn how to not use so much paint! I hope that someday I will be able to figure out where to go to sell some of my paintings and start making some money off of them.

Profile photo of Sanoa
    Sanoa
    Participant

I wish I was a better painter. I would love to sell paintings and live in an area where there are a decent number of galleries and frequent shows. Of course, given some of the work I’ve seen at those shows, maybe I’d do better than I think.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

This is a great idea and I love painting landscapes. I haven’t done it in a while but I should get back into it. I’ve never though of selling my art online, it would be so much simpler than trying to get a gallery to hang it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup