Patreon

Home Forums Crafts Patreon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ellie Ellie 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sarah
    sarah
    Participant

Has anyone used this service before? It’s sort of like an ongoing kickstarter for artists. For it to work, you really have to have an established customer base, but I’ve seen people make a living off of it, especially webcomic artists. The key is to have a brand, reliable, ongoing content, and an enthusiastic customer base. I’ve considered creating a webcomic and seeing whether it takes off or not. It would be nice to make a living off of my art.

Profile photo of Luna L.
    Luna L.
    Participant

Wow I’ve never heard of this and I think it could really work for me. I’ll have to look into it more. This seems to be like the modern version of having a paid patron in the classic days to fund your ability to make art. How cool!

Profile photo of Ellie
    Ellie
    Participant

This does sound really interesting. I would really like to take a look at this and see where it leads. I am new to trying to sell my artwork, but it is the one thing that I really enjoy doing. How do you get a good customer base beforehand, though, do you need to market yourself on another website first?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup