Proofreading & Editing

Home Forums General WAH Questions Proofreading & Editing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lilly Lilly 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of lilylady
    lilylady
    Participant

I would really like to try doing this, but most jobs I see require experience. Even though I think I do this all the time, with whatever I am reading, it doesn’t count as experience. I have recently seen some advertising for courtroom transcript proofreading. I’m betting this would be very hard, but don’t know. Anyone tried any kind of proofreading? How did you get your experience?

Profile photo of calicocat
    calicocat
    Participant

Good question! I would be interested in seeing the answer to this. I think this would be a very cool job to have, and you are right. It’s something we readers tend to do anyway. I would like to do fiction, and maybe light non-fiction. I’m afraid anything medical or legal would involve too many things the average person wouldn’t understand.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

This would be an great job. The courtroom transcript proofreading would be interesting. Can you imagine what you would read with that job? Proofreading for a writer is another interesting one. I wonder how you get these types of jobs?

Profile photo of wahmama
    wahmama
    Participant

A family member does editing work from home and she seems satisfied with the pay; she says she feels like it’s worth her time. The only thing she doesn’t like is that a writer submits the paper, she edits it, and then it sits on the market until it’s picked up by a buyer. Until then, neither she nor the writer get paid.

Profile photo of Andrea
    Andrea
    Participant

I would really love to have a job editing and proofreading. I don’t have any experience in this either so I have no idea how to get started.

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

Zerys hires editors and proofreaders, I don’t know a whole lot about them or if you need to start out as a writer but here’s the link if you’re interested.

http://www.zerys.com/apply

Profile photo of Justine
    Justine
    Participant

This is also something that I am very interested in doing. I know that it is something that I would be really good at, but like everyone on here I don’t have the experience to back me up. I wonder if there is some type of course that you can take to get certified and if that would help you land the job?

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I would also love to try this out. Thanks for sharing that link, Amanda. I will head over to Zerys and apply there. It would be interesting to see how it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup