What about mystery shoppers?

Home Forums General WAH Questions What about mystery shoppers?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amanda Amanda 2 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jasper15
    Jasper15
    Participant

My sister works in the restaurant business and she has seen a bunch of these mystery shoppers come in to dine. I have seen advertisements for this type of job, but I have never actually applied for any of them. Has anyone tried being a mystery shopper and what it worth your time?

Profile photo of sunny18
    sunny18
    Participant

I’ve seen lots of good things about mystery shopping. I know that it’s not a scam, and many people make some decent money doing it. I’m not sure it’s for me though, because the level of observation and memory required scares me. Also, I’ve read that the reports are very detailed and if you aren’t exact, you don’t get paid. Just never wanted to put myself under that much anxiety.

Profile photo of Marie
    Marie
    Participant

If I drove, I would totally love mystery shopping. Unfortunately, I don’t drive so it wouldn’t be worth it to take a bus or cab to do the shopping.

Profile photo of calicocat
    calicocat
    Participant

I tried this once, and made a little money, but just haven’t done anything in a while. You can make some money, if you live in a place that offers lots of opportunities, or if you are willing to drive some distances. I happen to live in a smaller city, and there are just not that many opportunities. Also, the companies don’t want you to mystery shop in the same store very often, so again, I don’t have a lot of chances to make money. But if you live in a metro area, I’ll bet you could do really well with mystery shopping.

Profile photo of lilylady
    lilylady
    Participant

I always wanted to mystery shop at theaters. I think it would be great to get to go into movies for free. I do wonder what it is that the shoppers are doing there, but I would love to find out. Anybody know about this type of shop, or how you get it?

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

I use this mystery shop website https://www.sassieshop.com/sassie/SassieShopperSignup/Signup.php?EmsID=ggGNDwmEsOk%3D

I’ve had a few movie theater shops but my favorite ones are the restaurants. I don’t do it to earn money really, I do it for free dates for me and my husband 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup