What are your skills?

Home Forums Question of the Day What are your skills?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justine Justine 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

What are your biggest wah skills? What are you the best at and which type of job would you excel at?

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I am not sure about a dream job but I am great at organizing. The only time it falls short is when I end up ill and then everything that I have worked to set into a good routine falls apart. I wish I could figure out a good grace to handle it all, even when I am sick.

Profile photo of Feiry
    Feiry
    Participant

Arcanaa, I think that we all struggle with things falling apart when the unforeseen happens. The important thing is picking back up quickly. Organization is a great skill to have. I wish I was a natural at it but for me it’s a constant struggle.

I’m really well trained at customer service de-escalation and have worked level 3 customer service and de-escalation when I was working my way up the ladder to department manager at a major financial corporation. I think a WAH customer service job would be great for me. The only problem is that this type of job requires you to work set hours and I never know when Gran will need me to help her so I can’t have something with a set schedule or something that I can’t walk away from for a few minutes and then come back to easily.

Profile photo of Amanda
      Amanda
      Keymaster

Feiry,

A great WAH customer service company is http://join.liveops.com/ you don’t have a set schedule and if you decide to set your own schedule it is done by 30 min increments. It was great when my son was a baby, I would sign on during nap time and sign off when he woke up then schedule myself overnight. It’s independent contractor and you are paid per min so the only downside is that you only get paid during a call but I noticed night time had back to back calls so I did pretty well with it.

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

For me, customer service is a given but I have worked in so many different settings I don’t think fitting into just one category does it for me. I would love to consider myself a Jane of all trades and master of some, but I don’t think you can really put that down on a resume.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

I’ve spent most of my life in customer service and as much as I like it I’d rather do something else that doesn’t involve calling people. My skills are data entry and research. If someone needs something I can usually find it for them. I’m also computer literate, so I can figure most computer things out and learn programs fairly quickly.

Profile photo of Lilly
    Lilly
    Participant

I think my skill number one would be customer service. I’ve been working in this field for over 10 years now. I’m also a fast typist and I have some experience in transcription.

Profile photo of George McFly
    George McFly
    Participant

Its a confronting question. I think it is a necessary one. I think the funny thing is that we all have skills and proficiencies and they are likely very transferable. It is hard though to actually credit yourself when you are asked to give account of yourself.

Profile photo of Laina
    Laina
    Participant

I’m really good with fixing and repairing computers. I also have a lot of training in data entry and customer service. Data entry isn’t the easiest to find a work at home position for.

George McFly
    Participant

I saw Amanda writing on this very thing and a couple of the other forum posters. I will see if I can find it tonight for you .

George McFly
    Participant

http://wahtips.com/forums/topic/how-do-you-start/ That was it I think. It relates to transcribing mainly

Profile photo of Gennie
    Gennie
    Participant

My skills tend toward quick transcription and research. I’m very good at finding information and really enjoy it. My day job is in customer service so I tend to stay away from that skill set when working online.

Profile photo of Lorelei
    Lorelei
    Participant

I think my biggest skill is writing articles, blog posts and product reviews. I have recently started learning to play with Adobe Photoshop and so far I am really enjoying it.

Profile photo of Andrea
    Andrea
    Participant

My biggest skill is graphic design. However, chances of finding work from home in this field are slim to none. Or maybe, I haven’t looked in the right place.

Profile photo of Berrybear
    Berrybear
    Participant

I think reading and writing are my two best skills, so I tend to look for writing, proofreading, and editing gigs. I also like to bake, though, and thought about trying to make goodies from home to sell at Valentine’s Day and other big ‘junk food holidays.’

Profile photo of Justine
    Justine
    Participant

I too am really good at writing and editing, so this is something that I always look for. Another thing that I am really good at is anything that has to do with art. I love having the freedom of being able to create things and then seeing other people enjoy them. This is something that I would really like to get into, but I don’t know where to start.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup