Where do you find freelance work?

Home Forums Freelance Where do you find freelance work?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Luna L. Luna L. 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

Where do you find freelance jobs? I have found freelance jobs on Getafreelancer.com, Fiverr, Amazon Mechanical Turk, and a couple of other work at home mom forums. I am always looking for more though!

Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
    Keymaster

I love Odesk and freelancer.com! I also do Mechanical Turk when I have some spare time but the others are my two favorites. Right now I am on a freelancing writing kick, if you enjoy writing check out Textbroker, they pay decently and I’ve met some great people on there. I was on Yahoo Contributor Network a lot and right after I finished a review for this website they closed down YCN… perfect timing….

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I am kind of shocked at how many jobs I see listed on places like Facebook and Twitter lately. Many places will help to shift through the load of jobs out there in order to help others who are looking for work at home type jobs. I visit three sites almost daily now that all do this for me and I love finding legit leads too.

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

I didn’t know that freelancer.com was still in business. I haven’t used them in years so I will have to check it out again. I know of a couple of other places that you can look if anyone is interested in micro-task sites.

Profile photo of Arcanaa
    Arcanaa
    Participant

I thought they went away a few years ago too but it seems they are back in business. I tend to check out both sites every now and then to see what they have listed. For a while there I was not seeing any new leads which I thought was a little odd, maybe they were taken over by another company or something and had some downtime.

Profile photo of Ladybug
    Ladybug
    Participant

As a writer, I find I have better luck finding new work on forums than I do using the freelance sites. I like the oDesk model, but it can be hard to get gigs that pay real money as a writer. Sadly, there are a lot of providers there who will take peanuts for their work.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

I think that is one of the problem with some of these sites. Some of the freelancers are working for very little money and consequently there are no jobs available that pay a decent amount for your work. I don’t want to spend time working on a writing job to be paid below minimum wage.

Profile photo of Tessa
    Tessa
    Participant

I’m subscribed to an email digest called Freelance Writing Jobs that is a huge wealth of good leads. I’ve landed several gigs from it, although I’ve also applied to many that went nowhere. It’s hit or miss depending on your area of expertise, but I recommend it for writers!

Profile photo of Luna L.
    Luna L.
    Participant

I think this depends on what your trade is. For writers a lot of freelance work comes from working contacts at publications you’re a good fit for. For anyone, I think your local community is a wealth of resources.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup