Working customer service with kids

Home Forums Customer Service Working customer service with kids

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tessa Tessa 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Centra
    Centra
    Participant

I would love to apply for some of the customer service jobs I’ve seen, but they always say you have to have a quiet work environment. For anyone who works customer service from home and has kids, how do you manage that?

Profile photo of Penelope
    Penelope
    Participant

You schedule shifts before they get up or after they go to bed. Most of those companies are really, really, strict about having a quiet work environment so keep that in mind before you apply because some of them will blacklist you in the industry.

Profile photo of Mellisant
    Mellisant
    Participant

I can’t see this being an easy work at home job. My kids would be up at 6:00 a.m. and in bed by 8:00 p.m. so that would mean staying up pretty late or getting up really early. You’d have to be the type to be really chatty in the early morning or evening.

Profile photo of Berrybear
    Berrybear
    Participant

I’ve been wondering how to work this out myself. I have a ten month old daughter and I’ve been applying for customer service positions for about a week now. Hopefully I’ll be able to work it out if I’m offered a position!

Profile photo of Tessa
    Tessa
    Participant

I haven’t done this personally but had to chime in because my roommate used to do this when her son was very small and she had a few strategies. One was to always have a way to occupy her son during her shifts, whether that was TV, a nap, or even a play date. She also used her mute setting a lot to be safe, and had a special system with her son (when mommy is in this room, these are the rules and rewards). It isn’t easy but it can work!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress Backup